Boyd Gaming SENIOR SYSTEMS IT BUSINESS ANALYST BUSINESS in Las Vegas, Nevada
Responsible for supporting the needs of the business by leveraging an understanding of the business and IT capabilities to assist users in formulating system requirements that meet their business needs, designing appropriate solutions, writing functional specifications, and ensuring that developed systems meet the specifications and business requirements.
- Performs troubleshooting in the form of problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up.
- Provides tier III support; performs root cause analysis and develops checklists.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Analyzes, makes recommendations, creates charts, diagrams and graphs to assist in analysis.
- Serves as a subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of a standardized requirements document.
- Responsible for planning and implementing thorough and effective QA processes to ensure the highest quality testing of deliverables in the shortest possible time, including:
- Develop and execute test plans – including automated testing, code reviews, functional unit test, integration testing, field testing, and regression testing.
- Create and document test cases that ensure that new systems perform as specified
- Coordinate developers, users and testers participate as QA teams
- Coordinate Defect/Issue tracking, prioritization and resolution.
- Monitors, tunes and optimizes system or application performance.
- Simulates or recreates problems to resolve operational deficiencies.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Understand user needs and assist user in preparation of specs.
- Develops and maintains problem databases.
- Design systems, test plans and training programs.
- Identify hardware and software to meet company needs.
- Coordinates installations with user departments.
- Leads implementations and rollouts.
- Leads post implementation audits.
- Interfaces with vendors regarding new product evaluation contract T&Cs; and troubleshooting issues.
- Assist and participates in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Develops P&Ps; and general standards.
- Researches new applications or technologies.
- Develops, reviews and approves technical documentation.
- Prepares detailed functional specifications and coordinates RFP processes.
- Performs resource and contingency planning with respect to technology applications.
- Serve as a subject matter expert as well as a resource and lead to Systems Analysts I, II.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline preferred; significant applied experience or a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience gathering system requirements from users and business owners, translating them into detailed requirements documentation, ensuring that business rules are clearly defined through workflow diagrams, business needs are documented and validating that limitations or risks are understood.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate groups during testing in regards to significant issues, change requests, and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality.
- Works with architects and/or programmers to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- ITIL V3 Awareness Training preferred
- Proven ability to lead an mentor 3-4 junior Analysts in requirements gathering, documentation and testing processes
Department: BG - IT
Category: Information Technology
Position Code: BGEASYS01
Status: Full Time